Towards the end of his life, under arrest and awaiting trial in Rome, Saint Paul writes a short but powerful letter to the Philippians. Paul’s affection for the Christian community at Philippi is apparent from his opening words. The Philippians were not only Paul’s sons and daughters in the Faith but also his partners in sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
At the heart of this letter is Paul’s eloquent hymn of Christ’s total gift of self, the model for Paul’s life. With his words and the example of his life, Paul exhorts the Philippians to have the mind of Christ, to live a life worthy of the Gospel, and, by God’s grace, to gain Christ.
In six sessions on three DVDs, Dr. Tim Gray combines insight and practical guidance using the lectio divina disciplines to make the Scriptures come alive in Philippians: Life in Christ.
1. Paul and the Philippians (27 minutes)
2. Partnership in the Gospel (26 minutes)
3. Friendship in Christ (27 minutes)
4. The Mind of Christ (26 minutes)
5. Imitatio Christi (26 minutes)
6. All Things in Christ (27 minutes)